Here is a list of six different lip products.
- Lip stains are long lasting and designed to tint or dye your lips a certain shade of your choice. They are often matte so if you want a little sheen to the look, apply lip balm first before applying the lip stain. There are lip stain products that work as a cheek stain as well. Some popular brands for lip stain: Sephora, Anastasia Beverley Hills, Kat Von D, Becca Beach.
- Tinted lip balms are moisturizing and hydrate your lips. They only show a hint of color and are great alone or combined with a lip stick. Some popular brands for tinted lip balms: Benefit Cosmetics, Laura Mercier, Stila, Tarte.
- There are a few subcategories for lipsticks including moisturizing, sheer, matte, cream and so on. Let’s start with moisturizing lipsticks, they may have ingredients such as vitamin E, glycerin and aloe. They are perfect if you have dry lips. Sheer lipsticks have oil components that make your lips glossy and the color does not show as well as matte lipsticks. Matte lipsticks are my personal favorite because they are pigmented. They are not shiny and the shade shows well on your lips. Cream lipsticks contain more wax for a smooth effect and to protect your lips. Some popular brands for lipsticks: Mac, YSL, Lancome, Makeup Forever.
- Lip balms help moisturize and nourish lips from drying effects of different seasons. Some lip balms have SPF to protect your lips from the sun. They come in different shapes, sizes and flavors. Some popular brands for lip balms: EOS, Maybelline Baby Lips, Burt’s Bees, Nivea.
- Lip gloss adds shine to your lips and sometimes an additional feature such as color, glitter, or flavor. The color lip glosses are not as opaque as lipsticks or lip stains could offer. Some popular brands for lip gloss: Lancome, Revlon Color Stay, NYX.
- Lip liner pencils are for outlining your lips or for coloring on your lips for a matte finish look. They are either long and skinny or short and stubby. There are lip pencils that needs to be sharpened from time to time or the ones that you twist once the exposed part of the product becomes dull or breaks off. Some popular brands for lip liners: Mac, Nars, NYX.