What is a better way to spend a cold crisp day wrapped in your blankie eating gingerbread men cookies and sipping on hot chocolate? Gingerbread men are cute as can be and making them is a great family activity you can enjoy with kids. Be prepared to get your hands dirty with this recipe.
– 3 cups flour
– 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ginger, Ground
– 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 3/4 cup butter, softened
– 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
– 1/2 cup molasses
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and vanilla;mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured work surface. Cut into gingerbread men shapes with 5-inch cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are set and just begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Decorate cooled cookies as desired. Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.
Tip: If desired, decorate your gingerbread men with raisins, currants or cinnamon red hot candies for eyes and buttons. Or, colored icing onto cookies.
Photo Credit: Freshbabyshowers